This class is a confidence builder for those of you who have been afraid to try quilting on your home sewing machine or have tried and felt that you have been unsuccessful.
A very important class requirement is that you are familiar with the sewing machine you bring to class (ideally, your own sewing machine).
In class you will learn:
- how to prepare your sewing machine for free motion quilting;
- how to make a quilt sandwich so that you will quilt with less effort;
- how to quilt without basting using Dora's No Baste Method;
- a variety of quilting designs, both traditional and modern style;
- how to address issues about technique, needles, machine speed, thread tension, various quilting/darning feet (open or closed toe, transparent or not, plastic or metal, stitch regulators and more);
- how to free motion quilt with confidence on your home sewing machine.
Click here to purchase an instant download PDF of Dora's No Baste Method. It costs $1.
Information for Quilt Guilds: My class fee is $600 per day and my lecture fee is $400. If booked together, I offer a $50 discount on the lecture fee.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to receive the Class Requirements file for this class.